Get to know Meru
Learn more about Meru Networks
The dynamics of wireless networking are changing connectivity and mobility requirements in organizations of all sizes. Today, staff, students and guests are bringing multiple devices to the work place and expect instant connectivity, anywhere and anytime.
Wireless LANs have gone far beyond serving simply as a convenience. WLANs everywhere are the primary access for data, voice and video applications. BYOD is no longer a trend – it’s a reality that requires simple and secure client management. With this need for unlimited mobility and anywhere, connectivity, the pressure is on IT to implement solutions that protect against increasing risks and vulnerabilities.
Meru Networks was founded in 2002 with the mission of powering the all-wireless enterprise. Meru innovations and patented technologies continually lead the way; easing migration and deployment as 802.11 standards evolve. Meru develops intelligent wireless LAN solutions that optimize Wi-Fi networks to deliver the best performance, the highest capacity, and the most flexibility.
In July 2015, Meru Networks became part of Fortinet, the global leader in high-performance cyber security solutions. Fortinet and Meru customers benefit from the company’s commitment to providing secure, uninterrupted connectivity for their highly mobile end-users.
A product portfolio built on innovative technologies
- Wireless LAN controllers streamline network management and administration. Meru controllers deliver unmatched scalability, mobility and reliability for uninterrupted connectivity.
- The highest performing access points for applications that require maximum density, diversity and bandwidth. The Meru range of 802.11ac and 802.11n APs fit any organization’s indoor and outdoor connectivity requirements.
- Software systems and service appliances provide intelligent management tools to put the network in control. Meru centralized management, simplified application deployment and predictive diagnostics reduce the costs of network ownership.
- Meru virtual WLAN controllers and appliances complement the hardware-based solutions for flexibility and choice in network deployment. These virtual components operate in a VMware environment alongside other enterprise applications giving you the benefits of data center consolidation.
- The Meru XPress Cloud solution offers a unique subscription service that bundles a complete wireless LAN solution into a single service. Combining ease of deployment and gigabit performance, it’s a cost-effective system designed to meet the demands of small to medium enterprises.
With Meru WLAN solutions, Fortinet customers can securely:
- Manage the capacity demands of BYOD, cloud services, IoT, voice, video and other mobile applications.
- Deliver consistent, high-quality mobile services, so network users can work productively.
- Integrate and manage third-party network hardware and software, increasing IT agility.
- Ensure business applications run reliably over the network, delivering predictable access.
- Deploy and manage the network infrastructure efficiently and cost-effectively.