For schools that need to provide pervasive Wi-Fi connectivity to support the flood of Wi-Fi devices from BYOD, Meru provides the WLAN equipment and management software you need for classroom and campus coverage, secure guest access, and multimedia support for video and audio learning applications.
- Connectivity – 24x7x365 for students and devices – No Excuses
- Mobility – Seamless device mobility across entire campus
- Applications – VoIP, video & Multimedia
- Simplicity – Deployment, monitoring and management
- Fast on boarding – of new students and their devices during freshmen move in, and throughout the year
- Density – 500+ devices in close proximity
Meru and LanSchool deliver a Wi-Fi based uninterrupted learning management solution for classroom, school, campus or district-wide deployments. With Meru and LanSchool, schools can easily support 1-to-1 and BYOD initiatives; IT can manage the wireless network, teachers can manage the class and students can manage their assignments.
Meru and LanSchool are working together to support iPads, laptops, smartphones and other mobile devices in schools, for uninterrupted learning over the Wi-Fi network. By partnering, Meru and LanSchool reduce several common barriers to the successful implementation of the digital classroom:
- IT is able to simplify mobile device connectivity and Wi-Fi network operations using Meru’s unique virtualized wireless network architecture.
- Teachers are able to detect and deter common distractions such as Web surfing, games and instant messaging during class time, with real-time monitoring capabilities from LanSchool.
- Students are able to collaborate with their peers and connect directly with their teachers with screen-sharing, chat and mobility solutions from both vendors.